Llama

Llama

Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm Gonna be Training!



Mom,

Well, this is what I know about the changes. I don't know my new comp because he isn't here in the mission yet. He will be coming soon. He's still in the MTC. Yup I'm training a new elder. Yikes lots of responsibility but it isn't a shock I have felt that I would train after ending with Elder L. I'm just scared too because I feel that I will be training a gringo, but we will see. I'm ready to train more than anything to pump some juice in me. Get me out of the routine. I was getting to comfortable and like you always say there isn't any growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone. 

Well funny story for this week is about the baptism we had this Saturday. We have been working with a less active family that they can get active again. We also were working with their twin sons to get baptized. They are 9. So they get to the point where the dad is ready to baptize his sons. And everything is super cool. The first one Jon gets baptized pretty easily only had to try two times because his feet left the water. Hans on the other hand didn't get baptized. He got dunked twice but he kept throwing his hand up so it wasn't valid. Then he started to cry and wouldn't let his dad baptize him. We are playing this game for like 30 minutes when I just throw on some white clothes (I don't have a change of clothes) to try to just force this kid down. Well needless to say he didn't get baptized and his brother did. So that's the funny story of the week. Just goes to show you can't force anyone into baptism.Other than that it was a pretty normal week. so yeah. 

I'm super jealous that y'all will be using the attic fan. It's been hitting like 40-45C all week. fun stuff. The rainy season should be here soon so we will drop a little bit but only to like 35 I'm waiting for that, but don't get me wrong I love the heat way more than the cold.

Well that's what happened this week. I hope everything goes well with the BYU application for Shelby. Remember that Miss Bestey is the queen with that stuff. 

I love y'all so much,

Elder Kotter

No comments:

Post a Comment