Llama

Llama

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Letter To Dad (written June 27th)

Dad,

Hey Dad, so I think I'm going to write a real letter to each of you every other week and write emails every week. So let Mom know that. This week it's you and Shelby's turn. Well 3 weeks in and I'm going to be a zone leader. It's kinda weird. I don't feel like I am even old enough to be here let alone be a leader. All of our other Zone leaders seem to be so much older and wiser than me even though I know they are only about 6 weeks ahead of me at the most. It's funny as soon as you start to feel slightly comfortable the Lord throws a curve ball at you just to keep you on your toes. Gotta love the challenges.

I am honestly surprised how fast these 3 weeks have gone by. I am almost 1/24 done with my mission and I haven't even been in the field yet. Before you know it I will be home. Then we can move mulch together all day long!!

Dad, thank you for teaching me how to work. I'm sorry I was too hard headed to take full advantage of your lessons. So please forgive me. Dad I have done hard things in my life and mos of the time it was because I didn't want to face you to tell you that I wanted to quit. I just didn't want to disappoint you. Now though this may be the hardest thing I have ever done the crazy thing is I don't want to quit at all. I want to give my all. It is the weirdest thing I have ever felt. In fact it's enjoyable once I got over the 9 hours of studying part.

Dad, you mean a lot to me and I feel bad sometimes that I don't talk about a lot of stuff, but then I remember we are men and I mean men don't really do that. Thank you though for always being there, no matter what I knew you would always stop anything you were doing or wanted to do for me. Thank you for letting me "catch the catfish". Thank you for letting me drop the prize winning Pinewood Derby car. Thank you for being a worthy Priesthood holder. Thank you for making me eat my green beans. Thank you for showing me how to love others more than myself. Thank you for letting me win at chess every time. Thanks for running around with your green sweatshirt being the lamest super hero, the Green Lantern. Thank you for about a million hours of swim meets and thank you for the worlds largest super soaker. Thank you for coming home after 1 night of camping when we were going to go for 1 week. And most importantly thank you for teaching me the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Kotter

PS Could you send me a picture or two I have nada.

No comments:

Post a Comment