Llama

Llama

Thursday, June 20, 2013

MTC 2nd Week

Mom

There are just so many emotions. One day will be a high the next will be a low so its just so weird to know what to say. I want to tell you I love you so very much. I want you to know that we started teaching Geraldo(pronounced Heraldo in Spanish the g makes a h sound) We taught him how to pray and gave him a Book of Mormon. He said he has an alcohol addiction and it is really affecting his life. Things like he lost his job and he has trouble with his girlfriend and his parents. We told him that if he would pray and read the Book of Mormon his life would turn around. When we said that I could feel that the power of God was backing us up. I knew what ever I promised him God would bless him if he did those things. Mom I love you so much and I want you to know you are the reason I am the man I am today. Please tell everyone thanks for the love letters and food. I love you with all my heart.

Elder Kotter




Dad

Just to let you know I was kidding about you not writing a letter but I am very grateful that you did. The quest sounded like a blast. I really wish i could have been there to see all the wonderful things y'all have talked about. Dad this place is probably the hardest thing I've done ever in my life, but even though I am tired, stressed out, and emotionally drained I am the happiest I have ever been. I eat sleep and breath the gospel and I'm trying to get to the point where I do that with missionary work. I can't remember if I told y'all about my first Sunday here. We watched a talk by Elder Bednar called Characters of Christ. He gave it in the MTC on Christmas of 2011 I think. Wow it was life changing. If nothing else I am grateful I am here and not in Peru just for that talk. It basically says when the natural man turns inward Christ always turns outward. I don't know if you can watch it or even find it but I would highly recommend it! Please make sure everyone is dealing with me being gone that includes you. I'm doing what I need to do and what I want to.

Love Elder Kotter

No comments:

Post a Comment