Llama

Llama

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Moms Connect

From Elder Kotter's Mom

I was reading through a Missionary Mom's website yesterday and ran across a name I recognized. It turns out I was able to connect with Elder Kotter's companion's mom. This is what she had to say. It was an awesome experience and I feel the Lord blessed me with this connection!

Good Morning Lesley,

Yes! They are companions! How funny -- I hardly ever comment or “welcome” someone in the e-mail group and am so glad I did this time. Our son is so happy to be companions with your son. He is his first American companion. Having Spanish speaking companions has been wonderful in so many ways, but him having an American companion, especially one that has the same vision, is what he needed right now.
This is what he said -

"Not only do we have fun being able to talk about things that only 2 United Staters can talk about but lessons are a lot more tranquilo. He knows our purpose and what to teach because he also was born in the Church. So it's been a lot less stressful because I don't have to worry about what he'll say. Also our study sessions are fantastic because they're in spanglish and we get to express a lot easier what we've learned and how we feel about the restored Gospel.”

This is only his 3rd area but has been out 13 months. He served in Cusco for 8 months and then went to Ollyantambo for 4 1/2 months - a very small village near Macchu Pichu. While in Ollyantambo he ended up having an emergency appendectomy! We have been living in Puebla, Mexico, this school year (for my husband’s work) and so when he had to have his surgery, it was a little worrisome because I know how different medical care is here than in the US and worried a little how it must be there! Pres. Harbertson assured me, though, that the facility was modern and that all would be well - and it was! How long has your son been out? How long has he been in Sicuani?

Thanks so much for contacting me -- what a small world. If you’re interested, there is a Facebook group called Missionary Momma’s that my friend created and mom’s from all over contribute to it. It’s fun to see pictures and hear about missions from all over the world. If you’re interested, let me know. It’s a closed group so I think a member has to add you.

Have a great day!

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment